What is a garden window?
If you’re looking for more space and increased natural light, a garden window is a perfect solution for you! A garden window projects out from the exterior wall of your house and can be installed in a kitchen or other place in your home. A garden window has four window panes including two ventilating side units that open with a crank. The center pane and the roof are picture windows for the best views possible.
The garden window is an ideal place to grow plants indoors giving it bountiful natural light. A garden window is also a way to show off decorative pieces. The insulated glazed roof is weather-tight and leak-proof. Garden windows are a great option for a window installation in the Southern Illinois.
Replacing your existing window with a garden window gives you a beautiful new space to grow your favorite plants and expand your home. You won’t regret adding a budget-friendly garden window.
What is a good location for a garden window?
The most popular place for a Garden Window is in the kitchen, above the sink. You can put a new or replacement garden window in almost any location though. They’re custom-made to replace any existing window without making any structural or costly changes.
Garden Window Features:
- Multi-chambered 3 1/4 inch vinyl window frames
- Heavy-duty solid wood buck frame securely supports entire garden unit
- Double insulated triple-sealed glass roof
- Spacious 16 1/2 inch projection beyond the exterior wall surface
- Inside wood is 1 1/4 inch hardwood plywood with birch veneer stainable finish
- Sashes open a full 90 degrees for easy cleaning and to meet egress code requirements
- Heavy-duty crank and hinge operating hardware on trapezoidal operating casement windows
- Multi-point locking system with easy single lever operation
- Warm edge spacer system
- The exterior is completely maintenance-free
- Meet Energy Star requirements with LowE/Argon